Friday 2 June 2023
Our Place @ Willunga Hill
6 pm for 6:30 pm
Dress: Special Occasion
Includes Italian feast, wine and the 30 minute G&S operetta, Trial by Jury
All proceeds to Big Sing McLaren Vale community projects. Book soon to avoid missing out.
Our beloved patron Andy Clappis invites you to Our Place@Willunga Hill for the third annual Big Sing Fundraising Dinner, which will feature the following entertainment:
Having partnered with State Opera in their Festival of Gilbert and Sullivan this May, through their production of The Sorcerer, it is now our pleasure to present an hilarious 30 minute version of Trial by Jury, starring soloists from State Opera South Australia, and a chorus of audience volunteers, for our major fundraiser this year.
You are invited to join the chorus as jury or bridesmaid if you wish (non-gender specific and costumes optional!) which will involve mostly simple unison singing (or harmony if you are able).
Entry to the Gala Dinner includes the Andy Clappis feast, all wine and beer, and the 30 minute performance (either taking part or watching from your table).
For those who want to sing:
* Scores and practice tracks will be available online
* There will be an optional rehearsal in McLaren Vale prior.
* Fun is the priority, so don’t be timid, have a go!
* For the performance the chorus will be seated in a group (with scores if needed).
* IMPORTANT If you would like to join the jury/bridesmaids in the chorus, or if you need more detail, please send a brief email to Greg John at email@example.com, and he will be in touch.
Why we’re raising funds:
The time has come to lay the foundations for our next Big Idea—the Little Big Sing.
Encouraging a love of singing from the earliest years is as vital for children’s development as it is to the future of Big Sing.
In its initial stages, our project will provide ukuleles to local primary schools to encourage every child to sing and play music. Proceeds from this fundraiser will seed this project along with contributions to our tax deductible donation fund over the next three yearsWe look forward to you joining us for a magnificent evening.